Vintage vs. New designs. Any insights?

Hey there! I’m new to collecting Hermes scarves and wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on investing in vintage vs. new designs. Any insights?

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the community! It’s great to have you here. When it comes to investing in Hermes scarves, the choice between vintage and new designs can be exciting. Vintage pieces often have a timeless charm and unique stories behind them, while newer designs offer fresh perspectives and potentially rising value. Personally, I love the hunt for rare vintage finds, but there’s something special about being one of the first to showcase a new release:)

3 Likes

Personally, I prefer investing in vintage Hermes scarves. Each one tells a story and has its own character.

2 Likes

I appreciate both vintage and new designs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vintage all the way! I love the stories behind each piece.

1 Like

Buy what you love! When I first started collecting, my choices were quite random. I began to learn that the particular colorway makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of a design. I would say look for what you love, in a CW that makes you happy. I have scarves of every age in my collection, and I love them all.

2 Likes